Integration and Evaluation of an Online BCG Compression Core into a RISC-V Softcore
- Typ der Arbeit: Masterarbeit
- Status der Arbeit: abgeschlossen
- Betreuer: Ulf Kulau
In a previous work Efficient online Compression of BCG Data a hardware module for online compression of BCG data was developed and evaluated. The results show that good compression is possible with minimal hardware effort. One problem that is more difficult to solve in hardware is the formatting of data with variable lengths.
Therefore, this hardware accelerator is now to be integrated into a RISC-V softcore in order to be able to perform the compression of BCG data online and without further load on the CPU. In addition to the integration, the system as a whole is to be evaluated.
- Investigation of suitable methods for the integration of hardware accelerators into a RISC-V
- Integration of the compression core into the RISC-V softcore
- Demonstration of the function of hardware-accelerated compression of BCG data
- Evaluation of efficiency and performance
- Elaboration and summary of all results